I remember working with real code

<app103> WB muppet1  <muppet1> if the batch file I made on my work pc was tangible, it would be worn out from me petting & cuddling it.  I love code like other ppl love kittens

<muppet1> ah i remember working with real code
<muppet1> code that worked
<muppet1> those were the days
<muppet1> now i am tortured by microsoft
<muppet1> a spaghetti code topped off with a house of cards
<muppet1> m$ access is not friend
<muppet1> i miss my cuddly batch file
<muppet1> i am going to go drown my sorrow in macros
<scancode> M$ Access is TEH SHIT
<muppet1> minus the
<scancode> nope
<muppet1> yep
<scancode> ppl think they can code full-blown commercial systems on it
<scancode> thus giving me some work to do :D
<muppet1> mhm
<muppet1> THEY THINK
<muppet1> it is a teaching tool
<muppet1> not business tool
<muppet1> it is a business bane
<muppet1> my bane
<scancode> /s/think/assume
<scancode> access is great for making frontends
<muppet1> i should have warm feelings for it because i really love my job.  i have my own office.  live comfortably...  i was shocked when they gave me a raise.  i felt guilty taking it
<muppet1> yes it is good for front ends
<muppet1> they don't give me write privileges on sql, oracle, or any thing that would be a suitable place for data
<scancode> lol
<muppet1> so the data stays in the jet engine
<scancode> mount a tiny mysql or something
<muppet1> as the birds their opinion on jet engine
<muppet1> the way the network is set up, that isn't likely to happen
<muppet1> hey have critical systems they protect like diamonds
<muppet1> i got a "daily security audit report" because the TECH used my login to fix an issue on my pc
<muppet1> so they gave me a 'warning' and demanded i change it immediately
<muppet1> i wanted to listen to music from a usb...  the security system had a stroke.  "what are you doing with that? you can't have that here.  all information here is protected by law..............................................blah ......................................blah
<scancode> lol

0 comments: